Sea bass is rich in magnesium, which is an essential mineral for our bones. The recipe here use the steam to cook the sea bass. This is the simplest and quickest way to prepare the fish meal.
600 grams of sea bass (remove all intestines and scales. Rubs with salt and wash thoroughly)
3 stalks of spring onion (to cut into 4 cm long)
1 small piece of ginger (to cut finely, and into 4 cm long)
1/2 piece of red chilli (to cut finely, and into 4 cm long)
1 piece of tomato (cut into 8 wedges)
Some chinese parsley for garnishing
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of ‘hua tiao’ wine
1 1/4 tablespoons of light soya sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons of sesame oil
2 tabs of pepper
2 sour plum (‘Sing Long’ brand)
1) Rub 1/2 teaspoon of salt and ‘hua tiao’ wine on both sides of the sea bass.
2) Place sliced chilli, gingers and spring onions on top of the sea bass.
3) Place tomato slices and sour plum in it.
4) Add in light soya sauce, sesame oil and pepper on top of the sea bass.
5) Steam it over high heat for 12mins.
6) Garnish with some parsley and ready to serve.
NOTE: The recipe is for 3 to 4 adults.
** Recommended to serve with plain rice.